Williamstown Literary Festival is delighted to be welcoming the good folk of Writers Victoria back to the festival, this year presenting Start Writing: How to Get Started on Any Writing Project on Saturday 16th June 2.00pm – 3.00pm.
Writers Victoria is the state’s peak body for writers. Established in 1989, we provide information, resources, support and skills development for our 3,400 members and the broader writing community. Our program includes a diverse range of activities such as:
- Writing workshops, courses, masterclasses and industry events
- Manuscript Assessment services for writers who are seeking an objective, professional appraisal of their work
- Mentorship opportunities for early career and emerging writers to learn from an industry professional on a one-to-one basis
- Regional professional development programs, bringing author tours, presentations and customised professional development events to regional audiences
- Our Write-ability program that supports writers with disability wanting to develop their skills and writing careers
- The Victorian Writer magazine and enews featuring articles on all aspects of writing and publishing, up-to-date news and information on events and opportunities
- Fellowships for emerging and established writers through the provision of free studio space, residential writing retreats, mentoring, national or international exchanges
- Writers Studios offering secluded, dedicated and private writing spaces at subsidised rates (in partnership with the National Trust Victoria)
- Information, advice and guidance from our experienced team.
To find out more about Writers Victoria and how membership can support your writing journey, visit our website at www.writersvictoria.org.au or call our membership team on 03 9094 7855.